Overcome-Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Overcome-Gaming Forums

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

iDevin Gm App. <3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iDevin
Ultra Newbie
Ultra Newbie

Number of posts : 1
In Game Name(s) : iDevin
Registration date : 2009-07-15

iDevin Gm App. <3 Empty
PostSubject: iDevin Gm App. <3   iDevin Gm App. <3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Alright, this is my application. (Constructive critism would be nice.)

Real Life Name: Devin

Name you want to be called by: Dev or Devin (whichever you prefer)

Location/Time zone: United States, California / Pacific Time (GMT -Cool

Time spent online (Don't lie we can use this against you if you're inactive): 4 - 5 hours on the weekdays, 2 - 3 hours on the weekend. (during summer) In school 2-3 hours on weekdays, 4 -5 hours on weekends.

Applying for: (In-game GM/Forum moderator/Web designer/Graphic designer/Coder): In-game GM

Overcome in-game name(s) (If any): iDevin is my IGN..

Reason to join the team/Why you should be chosen: Well, I may be new to this server, but I believe I can be a benefit to the community. Benefits, such as making first impressions to new players. Like this quote says, “You can never make another first impression." I want to be part of this first impression. I also want to feel the same way when a game masters feels when he helps a newcomer, regular player, or even a game master. To work side by side with great game masters. I should be chosen, because I can be calm in situations that may leave many "hot-headed." I will be able to handle impatient, angry, or frustrated players in the utmost patience and care. I have the ability to talk to people online, answer their concerns, and comforting. If I’m chosen the players will know they have somebody to depend on. Not somebody they will kiss-up, attempting to take advantage of, instead I will be an example for all of the community to see. Whether it’s in language or non-abusive. I may not seem like the type to be strict, but when somebody breaks a rule, I’m on them right away. I always put a player before anything else, even though I might be doing something important at the time.

What you think you can do: I think i will be able to punish rule-breakers in a correct manner, so they know they had a fair chance to follow the rules. If a game master didn’t have any respect, there would almost be no point in being a game masters. Here’s one way you can gain the respect of one of the group’s of players:
Gaining the respect of newcomers
Help the player feel wanted or welcomed to the server. Possibly ask them if they have any questions (does not include spamming.) Explain the rules to them, so they won't break any they didn't know about. If time ask how they feel about the server and how it can be improved. (Who doesn't want their voice to be heard?)
As a game master, I will make sure that nobody is unfairly jailed or banned, for an offense they never committed. With that said people who hack or talk in unnecessary language will be punished in an understanding way. I will occasionally make events such as hide-and-seek and Jump Quest. Depending on the difficulty of the event, the winners will receive the right amount of tickets. I will be the example for all of the players to see. If a game master was corrupt, eventually this would spread on to the players. If that were to happen disaster among the community would happen. Obviously, we don’t have this problem in Overcome community. I think I am very open-minded to everyone's thought. I admit even though I don’t have many posts, I read a lot of the threads in forums. I don’t like to post, unless I have something useful to say. I’m willing to post useful posts.

Experience (Show work if designer/coder, list servers if GM and prove it): No experience, but as this quotes says, "Never, "for the sake of peace and quiet," deny your own experience or convictions."
-Dag Hammarskjold

Contact information (Email/AIM/MSN): Msn E-Mail: devinjoepark@hotmail.com (active on msn)
AIM E-mail: devinjoepark@aol.com
AIM Screename: Greybade

Personal information/Hobbies (Optional): Favorite bands: D1sturbed, Rise Against, and 3 oh 3. Love to play soccer as I play in fall and winter soccer seasons. Helping is my thing, beyond human patience (as some say.) My motto is, “ If somebody punches you, hug them. (Don’t get perverted on me) On my computer time, i play many private servers. I can be very open-minded and treat people fairly. I also use quotes for reasoning. One thing that’s very important about me, I never quit, no matter what.

Last Words? There are many great applications out there. If I’m not chosen there was probably somebody better for the job, and I will respect that person as a game master. Well, I’m going to be loyal to Overcome-Gaming, and always will be. I wish only the best for Overcome community. Thanks, Very Happy

-Devin
Back to top Go down
BoOhYaAh
War Survivor
War Survivor
BoOhYaAh

Number of posts : 200
In Game Name(s) : [insert here]
Registration date : 2009-02-03

iDevin Gm App. <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: iDevin Gm App. <3   iDevin Gm App. <3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:02 am

Just use the dam layout...
Back to top Go down

iDevin Gm App. <3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Overcome-Gaming :: Game Related :: Applications-
Jump to: